In 1820, Albert Morot set up his negociant business in Beaune. Between 1984 and 1999 the estate was managed by Françoise Choppin, who discontinued the negociant activity in order to concentrate on its vineyards and winemaking. The domain covers eight hectares of vineyard, divided into 10 appellations and is certified organic from the 2015 vintage. In January 2000, Geoffroy Choppin de Janvry, an agronomist engineer specialising in viticulture and oenology, took over the estate from his great aunt. Adopting a minimal intervention approach, Geoffroy crafts wines of ultimate purity which are highly rated around the world.