New

Morandé Gran Reserva Sauvignon Blanc 2019

MOSBGR19

New product

Delicate aromas, with the presence of fresh herbs, honey and orange-blossom, combined with white fruit and citrus fruit. Complex flavours with edgy, mineral freshness and outstanding citrusy notes of grapefruit, herbs and white-fleshed peaches.

More details

£14.49

- +

Winery: Morandé

Sold by the case of 6 bottles
 
More info

The grapes come from the El Ensueño property in the coldest sector of Lo Ovalle in Casablanca. Its soils are sandy clay with low fertility. The climate has a strong maritime influence and presents the classic pattern of morning fog that dissipates by mid-day. The vines are clone 5 and Davis 1 (70% / 30%, respectively). The former lends texture and stony character, while the latter essentially lends aromas and abundant fruit.

The grapes are hand picked into 10-kg boxes; 85% is whole-cluster pressed, and the remaining 15% is macerated for 6–8 hours. The juice is then decanted and left turbid for fermentation in 2,000-liter oak foudres (80%) and one cement egg (20%). The wine is held on their lees in their respective containers for approximately six months prior to bottling.

 
Data sheet
Vintage 2019
Alcoholic strength 13.5%
Serve with haute cuisine seafood, fresh pastas, white meat and fresh cheeses
Country Chile
Region Casablanca
Grapes Sauvignon Blanc 100%
Dry/Sweet value 1
Contains sulphites Yes
Vegetarian Yes
Vegan Yes
Organic No
Biodynamic No
 
Morandé

Morandé was founded in 1996 by Pablo Morandé, and found immediate recognition both domestically and abroad. Morandé are true pioneers – they were the first family to develop the Casablanca D.O., recognising the fantastic potential of this cool-climate wine region. They also led the way in reviving old viticultural regions such as Maule and Itata, working with old dry-farmed bush vines and unconventional varieties such as Carignan, País and Cinsault. All of the wines are produced with grapes from Morandé’s own vineyards. Their winemaking philosophy is guided by seeking the right terroir for each grape variety, and with significant vineyard holdings they are well placed to achieve this.

Trusted Shops Reviews

26 other products in the same category:

Menu

Settings